Almost every person experience excessive mental stress levels in many different occasions. Let’s find out how to avoid stress.
Mental stress is not always bad. It is an important mental reaction we all need. For example, if you have an exam, you need some stress to study well.
When your mental stress is in a comfortable level, it will help you to keep working. However exceeding the good stress levels could lead you to a condition called “clinical stress”. Clinical stress is somehow dangerous. It could even lead to brain damage.
So, knowing how to avoid stress and how to manage stress is an essential life skill that every person need to know.
You can do simple life improvements to avoid excessive stress.
3 Simple daily practices to maintain good mental stress levels
(1) Exercising regularly
Not only the mental health, regular exercises will improve your overall health. You don’t need to go to a gym to exercise. Even simple exercises like walking and dancing can improve your mood and mental health. These physical activities will help you to maintain a very good stress level. Also it will help you to fight anxiety.
Exercising boosts the production of ‘endorphins’. Endorphins are neurotransmitters which help you to feel good.
If you are stressed, just meditate for few minutes and feel the difference.
Meditation produce a deep state if relaxation in your mind. So, if you meditate ten minutes a day, within a week you will feel that you are more focused, motivated and relaxed. Meditation not only improve your mental abilities, it is also a very good practice to improve your bodies all other functions.
During meditation you focus on some specific thing. This will eliminate all the stressful thoughts running in your mind.
(3)Take a healthy and balanced diet
The father of western medicine, Hippocrates said,
Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.
The food you eat have a huge effect on your stress levels and mood. Balance diet is also equally important to maintain a fit body.
Also, researches have proven that some food verities can help you to manage a good stress level and avoid anxiety.
So, Try these methods to maintain a good stress level,
- Eat omega 3 rich food. Omega-3 is a essential nutrient which contain two essential fatty acids, that helps to stimulate the brain function by regulating some neurotransmitters. Fatty fish verities such as Salmon, Mackerel, Sardines and Trout contain high omega-3 levels. Also eggs have a fair amount of omega-3.
- Eat Selenium rich food. Selenium is a nutrient with antioxidant properties. Antioxidant can reduce inflammatory chemicals. So, it will reduce your mental stress. Brazil nuts, ham, pork and beef are rich with selenium.
- Add more turmeric powder to your meal. Turmeric is a popular ingredient in Ayurveda medicine. The active ingredient in turmeric is curcumin. Cucurmine can lower your mental stress levels by reducing inflammatory chemicals produced by your brain.
- Eat dark chocolate.
- Take ginger daily. Ginger have strong anti-stress characters and also it will give you an instant stress relief.
If you have very high mental stress,
- Contact your doctor.
- Call your friend or family member so they can help you.
- Also, avoid taking medicine in high dose.
- Remember there is always another chance.
- Get enough rest and sleep.
- Do some fun activity like watching a movie.