How to burn files to a DVD using windows 10 built-in burner. It is very easy to burn files to a DVD using windows DVD burner and there are many per set settings you can use. Windows DVD burner is a simplified DVD burning software comes with windows 7, windows 8 and 8.1 and also with windows 10. Not like earlier times you can now burn live file systems to a DVD using this methods. Now you can delete edit save and also re burn files to a DVD using windows DVD burner. Okay lets get started
What you need to Burn files to a DVD
- A computer running on windows.
- A DVD writer
- A DVD
Not every DVD driver is capable of writing DVDs So make sure that your computers driver is a writer. If it is a writer it will have a printed text “DVD Writer” (In desktops). Nowdays almost all laptops comes with a DVD drivers have a DVD writers.
1.Insert a new DVD to the DVD tray of your computer or laptop – First step to Burn files to a DVD
Push the button in the dvd driver so the DVD tray will eject. Place your DVD on the tray as shown in the picture. Then close the tray.
If your DVD is a empty or re-writable it will show some empty space in my computer as shown in the picture.
2.Double click on the DVD driver icon on your “My PC” and the following dialog will display
In the windows 10 DVD writer you can burn files to a DVD in two different methods.
- To work like a USB Flash drive with computers
- To work like a movie DVD with a DVD player.
(In the earlier versions of windows (before win 7) this facility was not available.)
It is your choice.
if you choose Like a USB Flash drive option,
- The disk will work as a live file system
- You can save new files at anytime
- you can edit previously saved files.
- Deleting files is also possible
- Your disk will not work with some DVD Players
- Choose this option if you are willing to use this DVD with Personal computers.
- This is the best option to write documents.
If you choose “With a DVD Player Option”
- Your disk is compatible with DVD players
- Your Disk is not editable
- It is not a live file system.
- You can’t delete any files in the disk.
- Choose this option if you are willing to use this DVD with DVD players.
- This is the best option to wtite media such as movies, music, pictures and etc.
3.Click next to Format your disk
the following dialog will display and you will have to wait few seconds. Sometimes this may take upto 3 minutes depending on your DVD Writers performances.
This Dialog will automatically disappear after formatting process. Then follow the following steps to burn your files in to the DVD.
4.Copying files to the disk
It is very simple. Follow the exact same process you copy and paste files to a USB Flash driver.
- Simply copy the files you want to burn.
- Then Go to “My PC” Under My PC found the DVD Drive.
- Double click to open it.
- Paste the files on the DVD drive
- Right click on the file you want to send
- A menu will appear. In the menu move your mouse to the send to option
- Choose DVD driver to send your files.
Then Wait until your files to be copied to the driver.
5.If you are done with copying, End the Session.
- Go to My Pc
- right click on the DVD driver
- You will see a menu as shown in the following pictures.
- Click on the Close Session option.
- Windows will show the following dialog
- Wait few minutes so windows will create your disk to be used in other computers
- After completing the process windows will show the following dialog
6.Eject the disk and you are done with writing the disk
- Right click on the DVD driver Icon.
- Click on eject.
- The dvd will be ejected
- Now you can use it with any computer.
You are done with “Burn files to a DVD tutorial” Enjoy!!!
Also you can try a third party software like nero for more advanced features